Uploaded image for project: 'Grouper'
  1. Grouper
  2. GRP-139

XmlExporter fails if a subject cannot be resolved and gives truncated output

    Details

    • Type: Bug
    • Status: Resolved
    • Priority: Minor
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • Affects Version/s: 1.3.0
    • Fix Version/s: 1.3.1
    • Component/s: API
    • Labels:
      None

      Description

      -Loris Bennett via grouper-users-
      OK, I have found what was causing the trouble. The following was written
      to grouper_error.log:

      2008-07-04 10:47:05,274: unable to export to xml: No results:
      searchSubject searchValue: 332279

      Something, probably my fiddling around with sources.xml, had invalidated
      some IDs used by search subject. I found several groups, the members of
      which could not be displayed, and deleted these. After that the export
      worked.

      However, this error situation causes the write-operation to fail at a
      seemingly random point:

      ...
      <internalAttributes>
      <internalAttribute
      name='parentStem'>TestFolder:subfolder</internalAttribute>
      <internalAttribute name='createSubject'>
      <subject id='GrouperSystem' type='application'
      source='g:isa'/>
      </internalAttribute>
      <internalAttribute
      name='createTime'>1212134050347</internalAttribute> <!-- Fri May 30
      09:54:10 CEST 2008 -->
      <internalAttribute name='modifySubject'>
      <subject id='GrouperSystem' type='application'
      source='g:isa'/>
      </internalAttri
      (EOF)

      which is obviously not desirable. Perhaps somebody can look into this
      scenario.

        Attachments

          Activity

            People

            • Assignee:
              isgwb Gary Brown
              Reporter:
              isgwb Gary Brown
            • Votes:
              0 Vote for this issue
              Watchers:
              0 Start watching this issue

              Dates

              • Created:
                Updated:
                Resolved: